Be courteous and gain loyalty with text message marketing
Text message Marketing Best practices
Some mobile users are super-sensitive about getting anything commercial via text message. We understand how annoying unwanted texts are! That’s why we ask our customers utilizing Text Message Marketing to adhere to courteous business practices.
On the legal front, if you send messages without consent—your business may be reported and penalized $500/per message. For more information about the two laws that protect consumers, visit the FCC Guide.
Follow these practices and it will pay off with a real connection to your customers:
- Always ask permission before sending mobile marketing messages. Your customer chooses OPT-IN (or responds with a keyword you’ve chosen) or can text STOP to OPT-OUT of any future messages
- Once they OPT-IN, tell your customers how often they can expect to receive messages from you
- Give your customers an OPT-OUT in each message, even if they have given permission—they may change their mind
- Always start your messages with the name of your business or campaign so it’s clear who sent the message
- Give accurate product pricing and include a help response or email in case they have questions
When you sign up for Text Message Marketing with us, we ship a full set of guidelines for setting up your campaigns in a thoughtful, effective and legal way.